Tuesday 19 August 2008

My papa is back!

Finally, last Monday, mama and I went to the airport to pick up Papa. The big talk of the day was that I might not be able to recognize him and let him take me in his arms. It has been a few weeks…but then, there he is, right in front of me. He says ‘Hallo Schatje’, takes me in his arms and gives me a kiss; and I knew ‘Papa!’ How could I forget my papa???
Since he is back I see him all the time. He gets me out of my bed in the morning and changes my nappy. The first morning was a bit of a shock for him. Because you see, when he left, I was still drinking mama’s milk only, so my poo smelled all nice but now I am eating solids and my poo…well I will spare you the details, but Papa almost passed out!
He is eating with me (and mama) breakfast, lunch and dinner so I can impress him with my newly discovered taste buds. And I think I have blown his mind away with my walking skills! I have been practicing everyday since he is gone.
He says I look more like a little girl now rather than a baby. What do you think???
I can also impress him with my new vocals. I think he felt all funny when I said papa! But I don't think he is too keen on me vocalizing my protests when going for my naps.
Mama seems to be under the impression that she can now go away and papa is gonna take over…Mama, don't go too far! I still need my mama for comfort, especially when I get tired she is the only one I want.
Papa for play and mama for comfort!



Enfin, Lundi dernier, maman et moi sommes allées à l’aéroport pour retrouver Papa. La grande inquiétude du jour était de savoir si j’allais reconnaitre mon papa et accepter qu’il me prenne dans ses bras. Ça fait quand même quelques semaines…mais le voilà en face de moi! Il a dit ‘Hallo Schatje’, m’a pris dans ses bras et m’a donné un bisou; et j’ai tout de suite su ‘Mon Papa!’ Comment pourrais-je oublier mon papa?
Depuis qu’il est de retour je le vois tout le temps. Il vient me chercher le matin, lorsque je me réveille et il change ma couche. Le premier matin il a été un peu choqué. Car voyez-vous, lorsqu’il est parti je ne buvais que du lait avec maman alors mon caca sentait tout bon, mais maintenant que je mange de tout…je vous passerais les détails, mais papa est presque tombé à la renverse!
Il prend le petit déjeuner, repas du midi et du soir avec moi (et maman) et je peux donc l’impressionner avec ma nouvelle palate. Et je crois que je l’ai surpris avec mes nouvelles aptitudes à la marche! C’est vrai que je pratique tous les jours depuis qu’il est parti.
Il dit que je ressemble plus a une petite fille que à un bébé. Qu’en pensez-vous???
Je l’ai aussi bien surpris avec mes aptitudes vocales. Je crois qu’il s’ai senti tout chose quand j’ai dit Papa! Mais je ne pense pas qu’il soit très heureux de mes fortes protestations lorsqu’on essaye de me mettre au lit.
Maman pense que maintenant que papa est la, elle va pouvoir prendre un peu d’espace…Maman, ne va pas trop loin! J’ai encore besoin de ma maman pour être réconforté et lorsque je suis fatiguée, je ne veux que maman.
Papa pour jouer et maman pour être réconfortée!




3 comments:

Kai-Jin said...

it must be nice to have a big smurf to play with! :)

Liv said...

Yeah! The big smurf is very playful!
How is life going on the island? Have you mastered the art of the perfect beach bum yet? You will need to teach me all about it!

ryeli said...

it's tough when papa's away - tougher on the mummy coz baby gets too clingy. and even when papa's back, mummy is still wanted all the time! yes, unfortunately, papa is for play and mummy for real comforting stuff. :D